Time to lose 10kgs in 3 months
Time to start shifting some lard off this frame of mine. Starting this week (last Sunday actually) I’m on a mission to lose 10 kilos over the next 3 months. It might seem a little daft given the Christmas drinking season is kicking off now but I want to do a few running/trail events next Feb/March so I need to start something now. I can almost feel the metabolism slow down this year and I’m not happy to sit around at 95kgs when a fit and healthy me should be around 80:85kgs. I haven’t been down around that weight in maybe 10 years!
This public post is a stick to beat myself with for the next 3 months.
I’m going to change the plan over Xmas so for now I’m going to do the following:
- my breakfasts have always been good so I’m going to focus on lunch, dinner and in-betweens. More veg; only-healthy snacks such as nuts etc; little or no bread and; hardest-of-all… stop the easy beer/wine at home.
- running 4/5 times a week & cycling 40/60 km at the weekend.
- most important thing over the next 3 weeks will be to establish a routine and re-establish discipline over diet and exercise.
The next 90 days is a base line for a fit and lean 2014. Goal for next year will be to do two of either:
• run a PB (45min) on a 10km run;
• to do at least one Olympic triathlon; or
• do a 100km+ cycle event.
IF I can achieve all of the above then the Kgs should shift themselves.
Have you any advice?